[GHC DevOps Group] New release process

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Fri Nov 10 19:51:24 UTC 2017

Manuel M T Chakravarty <manuel.chakravarty at tweag.io> writes:

> As Ben has just announced on ghc-dev, we are getting close to cutting the 8.4 branch, which marks the start of working towards the new release process:
>
>   https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2017-November/015038.html <https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2017-November/015038.html>
>
> In the meantime, I have summarised our plan as well as the discussion that we had on this thread so far on a new Trac Wiki page:
>
>   https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2017-November/015038.html <https://mail.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2017-November/015038.html>

It seems there was some clipboard mishap here :)

I think this second link was supposed to be

    https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/WorkingConventions/Releases/NewSchedule

Thanks for writing this down, Manuel. Yes, this looks like it reflects
what we discussed quite well.

I agree that bringing up the change with the CLC is a necessary step.

Cheers,

- Ben