Running the Cabal tests

Mikhail Glushenkov mikhail.glushenkov at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:57:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 19 March 2016 at 08:35, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hacked together what I thought was a neat little feature (a 3 line diff)
> and thought I'd add a test. Thats when I figured out I couldn't even run
> the tests.
>
> Reading `Cabal/tests/Readme.md` I see I need to set the environment var:

Setting those vars shouldn't be *required*. Try to follow steps in
HACKING.md (i.e. compile a Setup script manually and run './Setup
[configure --enable tests | build | test]').

> The first four are obvious and easy, but I have no idea how to set the last
one.

It should look approx. like this:
'CABAL_PACKAGETESTS_DB_STACK=clear:global:/path/to/.cabal-sandbox/x86_64-linux-ghc-7.8.4-packages.conf.d'.
This assumes that you installed the version of Cabal you're testing
into a sandbox under '/path/to/.cabal-sandbox'.