Running the Cabal tests

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Sat Mar 19 07:35:09 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I hacked together what I thought was a neat little feature (a 3 line diff)
and thought I'd add a test. Thats when I figured out I couldn't even run
the tests.

Reading `Cabal/tests/Readme.md` I see I need to set the environment var:

> * `CABAL_PACKAGETESTS_GHC` is the path to the GHC you compiled Cabal with
> * `CABAL_PACKAGETESTS_GHC_PKG` is the path to the ghc-pkg associated with this GHC
> * `CABAL_PACKAGETESTS_HADDOCK` is the path to the haddock associated with this GHC
> * `CABAL_PACKAGETESTS_GHC_VERSION` is the version of your GHC
> * `CABAL_PACKAGETESTS_DB_STACK` is a PATH-style list of package database paths,

The first four are obvious and easy, but I have no idea how to set the last
one.

Clues?

Erik