Cabal bugs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 18:07:27 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 21:53 +0000, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi
>
> >  > Any chance that (if its not too much effort) cabal install on Hugs
> >  > could just assume that all the necessary packages are already
> >  > installed? It would at least give me the ability to do "cabal install
> >  > --hugs" in a darcs repo, instead of three runhaskell Setup
> >  > invocations.
> >
> >  Done. Give it a go...
>
> No luck still:
>
> E:\Neil\yhc\src\libraries\core>cabal install --hugs
> cabal: user error (Pattern match failure in do expression at Hackage/Install.hs:
> 99:6-19)

It looks like you have not recompiled, that line used to be:

      Just installed <- getInstalledPackages verbosity comp packageDB conf

it is now:

      installed <- getInstalledPackages verbosity comp packageDB conf

So there is no possibility of pattern match failure on that line any
more.

The change is definitely in the darcs repo, see:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install/Hackage/Install.hs