[arch-haskell] New GHC -- any wishes on how it should be built?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Jul 14 10:25:23 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 09:32:07AM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Now there's a new version of GHC out, 7.8.3.  This means a complete
> rebuild of [haskell-core] is necessary, which also means that NOW is
> the perfect time to make fundamental changes to our packages, e.g.
> to change from the 'perf' build profile to 'pref-llvm', or move the
> location of the documentation.
>
> I've not received any such wishes via issues on Github, but maybe
> there's someone out there thinking "oh, if they only changed this in
> how Arch Haskell packages are built, then the world would be 10
> times better".  If you are that someone, then please speak up now!
> :)
>
> I'll start the big rebuild at 12:00 UTC tomorrow, 2014-07-14.  So
> you have until then to voice your suggestions.

That's actually a lie!  I started the rebuild already yesterday and
have a complete repo for you to play with at

    [haskell-testing]
    Server = http://xsounds.org/~haskell/testing/$arch

Around 12UTC today I'll move it all to [hasell-core], unless someone
comes up with something good to change.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Goto labels should be left-aligned in all caps and should include the
programmer's name, home phone number, and credit card number.
     -- Abdul Nizar