[Yhc] is YHC dead?

Szymon Jachim sjachim at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 22:01:24 CEST 2011

Thats sad, but sources are there to have fun so I will.
I've managed to use old Brian Alliet project yhc2jvm to compile some
hello-world haskell code to JVM.

I'm close to having a custom JVM ClassLoader load and translate YHC's
bytecode on the fly.
I don't really care, if anybody will ever use it it's just a fun thing to do
in free time... ;-)

I haven't looked much into YHC internals so far (I'm still a Haskell
newbie).
Does it do any optimizations on the code before or after yhc core is
produced?

If JavaScript is created straight from Yhc.Core than maybe I'd be also
better to produce JVM bytecode without YHC bytecode phase...

BTW, I've tried other aproaches to executing Haskell on JVM:
http://code.google.com/p/jhugs/ ;-)

Szymon