[Yhc] Compiling Yhc - n00b having trouble

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 06:21:19 EDT 2008

Hi Ashley,

Unfortunately Yhc is not that well maintained or usable - the GHC
compiler is a lot more robust. If you want to work through something
like YAHT with two compilers, I'd recommend Hugs and GHC.

>> darcs get --partial --repo-name=depends/cpphs
>> http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/yhc/dependencies/cpphs
>>
>> darcs failed:  Failed to download URL
>> http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/yhc/dependencies/cpphs/_darcs/patches/20051220141353-ff520-d48804240ec68476275dfaa298201210361fcaee.gz:

Weird. I will check this one out - sounds very suspicious.

>> scons: *** Source `depends/ctypes/libffi/src/x86/ffi_darwin.c' not found,
>> needed by target `depends/ctypes/libffi/src/x86/ffi_darwin.o'.  Stop.
>> scons: building terminated because of errors.

It looks like you are building on Mac, which I know people have had
difficulty with in the past. I'm not sure if anyone has figured it out
yet?