[Yhc] Fixes for issue 110 and 139

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 07:14:40 EDT 2008

Hi

>  I have uploaded patches for issues 110 and 77

Both look good, and should be applied. I currently don't have SSH
access, so if someone else wants to download them and apply that would
be fine. Otherwise I'll do it in a week and a half (when I am back in
York - Tom, if you are around, post viva celebrations?)

> Issue 139
> (http://code.google.com/p/yhc/issues/detail?id=139). Can
> someone please check them.
>
>  For issue 139 I heavily borrowed from the GHC code to implement some of the
> primitive functions for Floats and Doubles. Is that ok?

Borrowing from GHC is fine, and probably the easiest thing to do. A
couple of small points:

1) I see the line:
+lobal_YHC'_Primitive''primDoubleIsIEEE a = unsafeJS "return false;"

I'm going to assume that's missing a 'g'? Dimitry - does the
Javascript stuff look right to you?

2) Can you add some pointer and acknowledgement to GHC, possibly
saying which file in GHC you stole this stuff from. If it ever goes
wrong in future, we can then go back and get them to fix it and steal
their updated fixed :-)

3) Can you add a test suite item, just the example in the bug report,
so we can make sure this doesn't go wrong and is well fixed.

>  Also can someone please explain to me how multiplication for floats and
> doubles is done. I can see the call to primIntMul for Integers but I haven't
> found anything for floats and doubles.

No idea, I'm afraid. Tom should know?

Many thanks for taking the time to do these fixes,