[Yhc] Re: [Haskell-cafe] CouchDB module in Yhc source tree: clarification, and small problems with other packages

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 14:29:21 EDT 2008

Don & All,

On 8/21/08, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:

> I think the best result here would be to put a CouchDB binding
> on hackage.
>
> Is anyone in a position to do this?

As for myself, honestly, I did not plan to do this at this time as I
am busy with other stuff (Yhc Core conversion). I'd be glad to help
anyone who is willing to put CouchDB interface on Hackage.

I'd like to note though that this may be a bit premature at the
moment. CouchDB has been going through significant redevelopment
within Apache Incubator (I am not a developer, but just watch
silently), and what is available within the Yhc source tree may not
work properly with the current CouchDB: it was for 0.7.x while they
have 0.8.x in the incubator.

So I would wait for "graduation" of CouchDB from the incubator, or at
least checked with its core developers regarding API stability.

Besides, the CouchDB interface in question was written only to satisfy
the needs of the Yhc Web Service and may be missing some pieces,
although it may be good for a starting point.

Thank you.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web