[Yhc] Core to Bytecode?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 17:45:16 EDT 2008

Hi Holger,

> currently I'm playing around with transformations of YHC core files. I would like to run the resulting programs, but the haskellwiki page says that Yhc can't compile Yhc Core files to bytecode. Is there a quick-and-dirty way to use the functions that already exist in the YHC codebase for this? I don't need fancy compiler options or something like that, I just want to test small example programs.

In the Supero code there is some stuff that converts YHC Core back
into Haskell which can then be run. I don't guarantee it will work
though. http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/supero/

There is also the HHI stuff which can run YHC Core:
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~mfn/hhi/index.html

Tom was working on converting the front end to use Yhc Core, but I'm
not sure how far he got. Checking the source might be the easiest way.