[Yhc] Build Errors

Thomas M. DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 21:33:49 EDT 2007

With a clean copy of YHC on both my 64bit Ubuntu and my 32bit Debian
system it is unable to determine I have a working gcc compiler.

Ex 1:
> scons fullclean && scons depends && scons configure
Fails to find the size of basic 'C' types (char, int, long, long long,
etc).  Ultimately bailing with the "Does this system really have a
working gcc?" line.

Ex 2:
> scons build
This does detect sizeof() _most_ 'C' types (fails for float, double, and
one other).

If I manually run ./configure then scons build I get an excessive number
of errors 'undefined reference to'... but I didn't travel down that path
too far.

If I can get the Debian box working then I'll try to set it up as a
buildbot.

Thomas

--
"The philosophy behind your actions should never change, on the other
hand, the practicality of them is never constant." - Thomas Main