[Yhc] Re: Yhc Scons and chmod

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 12:27:43 EDT 2007

Hi

> It looks like more of a problem with Scons that with our build system. It
> might be possible to work around it, but it would be messy.

Hmm, shame - its not worth messing up our build system for.

> I think the bigger problem is why the chmod is failing. You should have
> permission to do it, depending on the permissions on the file and the
> directory it's in. I would interested to know what they are.

I don't own the directory, but I do have full permissions on it.
Apparently this means chmod won't work, but pretty much everything
else will.

>  The Venice buildbot is at /tmp/aw/buildbot/slackx86/build/
> if you want to use that. It builds fine...

Matt installed a copy for his research, so I'll just use that one - I
think we need the freedom to not update Yhc if we accidentally break
it for a while.