[Yhc] Killing off nhc

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:56:22 EDT 2007

Hi

> > 5) Bootstrapping: We need to bootstrap Yhc with itself.
> >
> Well, what's really the problem stopping Yhc from bootstrapping itself yet?
> Are there spots where Yhc relies on GHC type extensions?

No, we've been very careful with avoiding extensions. We just rely on
things like Data.Map, which last time we looked into bootstrapping,
didn't exist in Yhc. Now they do, so its entirely possible that Yhc is
now bootstrapping, but we just haven't checked. Its the last thing on
the list - once we get the build system and libraries sorted I suspect
bootstrapping will fall out for free.