[Yhc] Thorkil, myself, who else?

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:56:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

It looks like both Thorkil and myself see very similar problems:

Mine:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Building version 0.7.0-20070712053136-custom.
Checking for architecture... x86
Checking for operating system... linux2
Checking for Subversion binary... "svn"
Checking for Subversion version... Found version 1.4.4.
Checking for GHC binary... "ghc"
Checking for GHC version 6.4.1 or later... Found version 6.6.1.
Checking for C header file gmp.h... yes
Checking for mpz_t integ; mpz_init (integ) in C library gmp... yes
Checking for libgmp version... 4.2.1

scons: ***
File "/home2/dima/repos/yhc/build/configure.py", line 109, in configure

See also: http://haskell.org/pipermail/yhc/2007-July/001011.html (full
message, also has debug output from scons)

Thorkil's (almost identical, even on completely different architecture):

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Building version 0.7.0-20070712053136-custom.
Checking for architecture... (cached) ppc
Checking for operating system... (cached) darwin
Checking for Subversion binary... (cached) "svn"
Checking for Subversion version... (cached) Found version 1.4.0.
Checking for GHC binary... (cached) "ghc"
Checking for GHC version 6.4.1 or later... (cached) Found version 6.6.2.
Checking for C header file gmp.h... yes
Checking for mpz_t integ; mpz_init (integ) in C library gmp... yes
Checking for libgmp version... 4.2.1

scons: ***
File "/Users/thorkilnaur/tn/YhcDarcsRepository/yhc/build/configure.py", line
109, in configure

I'm suspecting gmp as the test fails exactly there. Does anyone have
an older gmp (3.x) to try?

PS I have gmp 3.x on an older computer. For some reason, I couldn't
build Yhc completely after darcs pull (I didn't fullclean, and I am
basically migrating my development away from that computer), but at
least scons testing of gmp did not fail.

I cannot blame on the newer gmp otherwise, as ghc works fine with it.
It seems something wrong with scons.

Thorkil: when were you able to build Yhc last time, and what was your
gmp version then?

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky