[Yhc] scons, libs, etc

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 10:46:16 EST 2007

Hi

> Second question: is there a preferred way to rebuild Prelude.hi?  I've
> been using yhc -c -rebuild -prelude Prelude.hs and copying the result into
> bootstrap/.

Does this work reliably? Does it have a dependancy on the initial
Prelude.hi file thats already there?

My worry is that if you break the Prelude, then this operation may
easily trash the existing .hi bootstrap file, which would mean that
you couldn't then fix your error. Maybe the first thing the library
builder could do is copy the existing Prelude.hi, then as the next
step create a new Prelude.hi file. This way the bootstrap one just
needs to provide a really small amount of stuff, and as the Prelude
changes should not need modification.