[Yhc] Adding stuff to Prelude (was: Trying to compile Fudgets with Yhc...)

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 22:18:39 EST 2007

Hi,

Following up my own message about problems compiling Fudgets with Yhc.

An instance Functor Maybe was missing, and I tried to add it to
Prelude (where both Functor and Maybe are defined, to avoid orphan
instance issues). It turns out, every time Prelude.hs is recompiled,
its interface file is overwritten with one from bootstrap. What is the
purpose of this? I'd assume the opposite: if Prelude got recompiled,
the bootstrap interface has to be updated, so one getting a clean
distribution would have prelude interface intact. Is this an error in
SConscript? Or am I missing something?

For now, I just commented out three lines in SConscript responsible
for the yhc-base package compilation. The new instance is now visible.

I haven't committed this to the central repo; I'd like to get some
explanation of this first.

Thanks

--
Dimitry Golubovsky