[Yhc] Visual Studio 2005 gives libc.lib missing errors

Peter Tanski p.tanski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 12:37:15 EST 2007

Neil Mitchell wrote:
> I just tried to compile Yhi on Visual Studio 2005. It failed because
> it is missing libc.lib, which MS removed for this version. I managed
> to fake this by going to VC\lib and copying libcmt.lib and calling it
> libc.lib. I suspect the issue is that the copy of gmp we use
> explicitly asks for libc.lib, which breaks this.

To my knowledge, VS 2005 does not contain the static runtime
libraries, although the Platform SDK does contain some static
libraries, such as libcp.lib.

So a couple of questions:

1) Anyone know a version of gmp which will work with all VS versions?

There are precompiled .DLL versions of GMP for Windows and directions
for compiling it as a DLL under cygwin and patch files for compiling
under VC++.NET at:
http://cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/

Cheers,
Pete