[Yhc] Core

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 18:39:50 EST 2007

Hi

> Firstly so I can work with it I need to use the `Core' data type which
> seems to be in `Yhc.Core', I realised this isn't part of the windows
> snapshot of YHC so I found the files within http://darcs.haskell.org/yhc
>
> I've downloaded these files and put them into YHC's library folders.

If you are developing with Yhc.Core I would recommend at least
downloading the darcs and building the libraries and the compiler
(only requires Python, Scons and GHC). It shouldn't be too hard, and
its usually easier to keep up to date. A simple "scons build yhc",
"scons build libraries" and that should work well.

That said, once we've fixed up the library with a .cabal file, we'll
start making separate snapshots of that too.

> The problem is I'm not able to import these files into any of my own
> code as I get an error message.

I just add src\libraries\general and src\libraries\core to the include
path and everything just works. What is your error message?

> I understand YHC is still being developed, is there a stable version I
> could use for these files?

I recommend the development version, its not stable, but it does have
enough users that if I make any big changes someone will hit me :) It
is pretty stable - I have 4 applications which depend on it. If you
have any additional needs for it, just shout, and we can always add
more functionality as required.