[Yhc] Ctypes Snapshots

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Feb 9 07:50:44 EST 2007

"Andrew Wilkinson" <andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com> writes:

> This morning I have committed a patch which removes the need to have
> subversion installed when building Yhc. If you don't have subversion it will
> detect this and download a snapshot of ctypes, if you do have subversion
> then nothing will change. This should fix bug #107.

Thanks for this, but it doesn't seem to work for me (Python 2.3.3, scons
0.96.1, MacOS 10.3.9)

  Downloading Ctypes snapshot...
  Downloaded.
  AttributeError: 'TarFile' object has no attribute 'extractall':
    File "SConstruct", line 69:
      depends(env, ARGUMENTS, True)
    File "/Users/malcolm/Haskell/yhc/build/depends.py", line 44:
      tarfile.open("depends/ctypes-snapshot-20070206.tar.gz", "r:gz").extractall("depends")

Regards,
    Malcolm