[Yhc] Yhc (and Catch?) bugs

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:27:42 EDT 2007

Hi

> I was thinking that, but yhc wouldn't build with the most recent (august
> 5 and 6) patches unpulled, with errors like
> src/compiler/Core/Convert.hs:170:27:
>      Not in scope: data constructor `CoreLit'
> So I tried just building the newest yhc, which worked, but didn't work
> with catch - oh well.

> Not me... QuickCheck with a million iterations on each test is pretty
> reassuring too. (as well as testing with various other parameters varied
> too, ghc -Wall, etc)

You might need to unpull more like 15, we've been quite busy today.
Honestly though, I wouldn't bother - its probably not worth the
effort. Catch is a nice box to check, and it can expose flaws in the
API, and find real bugs, but its clearly a 0.1 project so far.

> Maybe some of the above bugs will be fixable by someone sometime.

I think that of those 4 you gave, 2 will be fixed sometime shortly,
and are both useful finds.