[Yhc] Changes to Core/Convert.hs, Shouldn't break anything but be aware :-)

Tom Shackell shackell at cs.york.ac.uk
Sat Aug 4 06:27:09 EDT 2007

Dear Yhc Core users,

I've pushed changes to Core/Convert.hs, this is the code that converts
nhc98 PosLambda into Yhc Core. This was in order to get the
transformation to preserve how the internal Id data should be mapped to
the names in Yhc Core. This is needed to convert the Yhc bytecode
backend to generate from Yhc Core.

The Core/Convert.hs code has more or less been rewritten from scratch,
since in the end I decided it needed to be made monadic to reasonably
accommodate the changes. I've checked the output from the process
against the old process (on the whole of Prelude.hs) and the only thing
that appears to have changed is how v_fail expressions are given unique
numbers. Previously there were given a unique number per function, now
they are given a unique number per module. I suspect, if anything, this
should make people's lives easier.

If however, you suddenly start finding that your core is not of the
format you were expecting then please let me know.

Thanks

Tom