[Yhc] Yhc buildbot failures

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:49:16 EDT 2007

Hi

Its my fault that all the builtbots have broken, so I thought I'd post
including the reasons why - and asking for how to fix it.

The reason is that I've now introduced a dependency on Data.Binary -
which is definately the right thing to do (before we were using our
own Binary instances). Data.Binary depends on Data.ByteString. The
problem is that Data.ByteString is available as a library in base on
GHC 6.6, but not on 6.4 - where you have to use fps.

So basically, we can say Yhc is GHC 6.6 only, or we can make the build
system download and use fps, which would be rather annoying, or we can
ask the Yhc users to install fps on their own for 6.4. Or we can ask
the ByteString developers how to clean up what looks like a bad case
of DLL hell.