[Yhc] Yhc using mtl

Twan van Laarhoven twanvl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:35:56 EDT 2007

Neil Mitchell wrote:
 >> But IMO FlexibleInstances are a noncontroversial extension, and they
 >> are supported by most compilers.
 >
 > Alas but not Yhc - which will break our goal of being self-compiling
 > at some stage. How much work is it to move to not requiring this? If
 > that could be done, then this patch will definately be applied.

Getting rid of the requirement for FlexibleInstances should not be to
hard (nor should adding support for them to Yhc). But even if I work
around that, this patch relies quite havilly on the mtl, which uses
multi parameter type classes and functional dependencies. Those might be
a bigger problem. Hoever the mtl was already used in other parts of the
compiler...

Twan