[Yhc] how stable is yhc?

Kartik Vaddadi itskartik at iitb.ac.in
Fri Sep 15 03:22:32 EDT 2006

Tom Shackell wrote:

>Yhc makes it easy to add
>extra information to heap nodes

Interesting, I didn't know this.

>if you keep everything you can exhaust even
>gigabytes of memory really very quickly with a computationally heavy program.

I didn't realize that. Thanks.

>Freja does things 'piecemeal' ...

I was trying to ask a slightly different question. Once Freja decides
that it wants to collect trace information on a certain portion of the
EDT, does the trace exist seperate from the heap memory used by the
program, or is (part of the) heap itself used as the EDT like in my
scheme? Would I be correct in saying that Freja (and Hat, Hood & Buddha)
all duplicate information -- once in the normal heap of the program
being debugged, and once again in the trace structures of the debugger?

--
Kartik Vaddadi.

Home: 			www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~kart
Blogs:                  kartik.infogami.com, kartik-log.blogspot.com, kartik-rlog.blogspot.com
Alternate mail ID:	kartik.vad at gmail.com

"50% Reservation, 100% Politics" - Protest the Indian government's decision to increase reservation in private educational institutions (yfemumbai.blogspot.com)