[Yhc] Issues building yhc

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 01:02:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have tried (successfully this time) to build yhc, and encountered some issues:

1. Is there any particluar reason that "darcs get --partial" is done
on cpphs? This results in Language and Text module hierarchies not
pulled, which further results in compile error. I have made the
following changes:

=========================
bash$ darcs whatsnew
{
hunk ./Makefile 12
-       darcs get --partial --repo-name=depends/cpphs $(CPPHS_URL)
+       darcs get --repo-name=depends/cpphs $(CPPHS_URL)
hunk ./build/depends.py 12
-        env.Execute(env.Action("darcs get --partial
--repo-name=depends/cpphs http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/cpphs"))
+        env.Execute(env.Action("darcs get --repo-name=depends/cpphs
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/cpphs"))
}
=========================

basically removed "--partial"

2. I had to add a line to depends/ctypes/libffi/include/ffi.h:

#define __LONG_LONG_MAX__ 9223372036854775807LL

before

#ifdef LONG_LONG_MAX
# define FFI_LONG_LONG_MAX LONG_LONG_MAX
#else
.
.
.

This may be a problem with my C compiler, because its own "limits.h"
has definition for __LONG__LONG_MAX, but for some reason it is not
visible to the compiler. So this is not a suggested fix, but just a
question whether anybody had to do this for an old gcc
(egcs 2.91.66 in my case)?

Without that line, I got an error about unsupported 64 bit types
(although the compiler supports long longs perfectly).

3. This may be a question to the scons team, but since it is used for
this particukar project, I'm asking here first.

How can I specify a custom path to a library, include file, etc.?

With autoconf, I am usually able to specify "--with-bla=/foo/bar"
provided that the developer of configure.ac made such an option
available. How can the same be done with scons? E. g. I want to use
alternate libgmp instead of one installed in /usr/lib?

4. Indeed, gmp 3.1 is not good: it is missing gmp_ printf. gmp 3.3 does have it.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web