[Yhc] -package cpphs ? (build problem)

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 14:15:27 EDT 2006

Hi

>     When I try the build process with scons, I get a failure when it
> tries to link the object files together to produce executables.  The
> command...

Wierd, Yhc tries to link in cpphs directly (not as a package) so you
shouldn't have any problem with this. Can you please check that you
have a directory depends/cpphs in your repo, which corresponds to the
cpphs program's source code.

Can you please also give us the entire text of that link command, so
we can see if Cpphs is being included or not in the linking.

Could you also try doing "scons depends" then "scons" again, to see if
this fixes it.

> ...etc. If I try the command by hand, and add "-package cpphs", I can
> get a yhc executable.

Hmm, definately sounds like cpphs is being skipped in the link phase.
I wonder if this is because you have cpphs installed as a package
already?

> my setup (Linux, ghc-6.4.2, scons v0.96.1.D001) which would cause this
> problem, or is there something I can change in the configuration files
> to get things to build properly?

I can't think of any setup that is more typical for Yhc development!