[Yhc] YCR2JS and Safari

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:23:39 EST 2006

Someone replied to me in Russian about his experience with Safari and
my Echo demo page that I fixed for Opera. Here is the rough
translation:

=======
I have just downloaded a fresh alpha of Safari. I could see the input
form, but no Roman numerals, only Arabic.

Safari now has got a debugger! The debug window popped up (without any
explanations), first at the line 214 (from the beginning of the file),
then at the line 150 (after "Continue" was pressed) and then an Arabic
numeral appeared, and it "calmed down".
=======

The original of the Russian discussion is here:

http://community.livejournal.com/ru_lambda/28333.html

Line 214 is within exprEval. Line 150 is within the HSFun constructor:

var res = this._b.apply (this,this._a);

I have never seen Safari debugger popups and have little idea what
amount of information they bring up (but I'm guessing, close to none).
I have posted my question on the comp.lang.javascript newsgroup last
night but haven't seen any meaningful response yet.

Anyway, I am going to work on Javascript code size optimizations, so
after I am done we may try to retest it on Safari and see if anything
changes.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web