[Yhc] Typo in build-system, and why about threading on ppc

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 06:46:48 EST 2006

On 11/5/06, Isaac <isaacdupree at charter.net> wrote:

> "relase" --> "release"? (Is this just a bug in the message or is it
> actually called the typo'd thing)

That's just a typo in the message, I've fixed it now.

Also
> "threads=0 (default=1, except on ppc where the default is 0) Disables
> threading"
> I suppose this is related to the result
> "Checking for pthread_create() in C library pthread... no"
> ?
> What's special about ppc here? does it cause trouble somehow?

I remember PPC causing a problem when threading was introduced. I can't for
the life of me remember what it was though, or even if it still a problem.
If you need threading I suggest you compile it with that flag enabled and
let us know what happens :-)

Andrew