[Yhc] corep option, compiling the compiler

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Fri Nov 3 16:21:14 EST 2006

L.S.,

I am trying to run Dr Haskell, using the YHC binary I downloaded
(http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/yhc/snapshot/yhc-latest.zip)
but I get the message that the corep option is not valid.

According to http://yhc06.blogspot.com/2006/09/yhccore-api-available.html
this option should exist, but it is not listed with command
    yhc -?
(By the way, the help info uses "yhcc" instead of "yhc".)

Another problem is, that I cannot get the compiler compiled at my Windows
XP system (I am using GHC 6.4, so I can use wxHaskell, and Darcs 1.0.3)

After running
    Makefile.bat all
I get the messages:

Dependancy found (ghc)
Dependancy found (darcs)
Copying patch 37 of 37... done!
Applying patches to the "working" directory...
darcs: failed to read patch in get_extra:
Thu Apr 22 18:39:38 West-Europa (zomertijd) 2004  malcolm
    * [cpphs @ 2004-04-22 16:39:38 by malcolm]
    Initial revision
Perhaps this is a 'partial' repository?
Failed to darcs get cpphs