[Yhc] How to build yhc as a bytecode compiler?

Gabor Greif ggreif at lucent.com
Thu Jan 26 09:09:00 EST 2006

Hi all,

I intend to port yhc to a range of architectures
that do not have a ghc installed.

On solaris8 I have ghc and I could build yhc without
any problems. But now I need a non-native, bytecode
version of yhc to be transported to the ghc-less architectures.

How can I compile yhc using yhc to obtain the bytecode
version? I basically expect the answer to be

make # tp build yhc using ghc

setenv YHC_BASE_PATH $PWD/inst
setenv YHI $YHC_BASE_PATH/bin/yhi
cd *somewhere*
$YHI *options* *mainfile*

Unfortunately I have not the slightest idea
what to write for *somewhere* *options* and *mainfile* :-(

Can somebody help me? Preferably I need the exact commands
that work for the shell.

Thanks a lot,

	Gabor

PS: once I have the exact build steps I will do my best
to contribute the needed stuff to the makefiles for
this type of compilation.