[Yhc] Re: How to build yhc as a bytecode compiler?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 05:59:12 EST 2006

Hi Gabor,

The rough commands should just be

$ cd src/compiler98
$ yhc Main.hs

Then you will have Main.hbc which can be used with yhi as a haskell
compiler on any architecture.

Unfortunately that won't work at the moment. Yhc is not yet self
compiling, primarily because it fails a few important regression tests
(http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/yhc/report.html), directory
probably being the most important. Its not far off though, it just
needs someone to spend a bit of time implementing a few loose ends.

Hopefully sometime soon someone will go through the regression tests
again, and see how close we can get to 100% success.