[Yhc] YHC.NET

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 18:28:53 EST 2006

> Cool. I will send you the patch shortly. I would like to cleanup some
> things first.

Sure

> > You also mentioned you needed some changes to the base libraries. Can
> > you send any changes you needed and we'll see what can be done about
> > merging those back in as well. I was looking at altering the base
> > libraries (particularly Prelude and Yhc.Internal) to see if they could
> > be made more standard without .hi file hackery - I guess those changes
> > would help you too.
>
> Hmm. I am not sure about the right way here. The change which I made
> is quite simple. I just made the Handle data type an abstract type
> instead of wrapper around ForeignPtr. The reason is that the file
> handle in .NET is an object instead of some kind of pointer or numeric
> value. I am not sure how many other changes will be required in order
> to support the entire base package. I prefer to keep a separated copy
> for base, until I get a clear vision.

Ok, that seems sensible. If you want to send me just a patch to the
base package, or just a couple of the changes you have made - not to
apply, but just so that I can take a look - so when I'm tweaking the
prelude I can see if there is some way for both the .NET and the .hbc
preludes to coexist - perhaps separating what is internal to the
runtime out in some way.