[Yhc] some initial questions

Thomas Shackell shackell at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Feb 28 07:36:24 EST 2006

Hi Rob,

Just to add further comment to what Neil said:

1) Indeed, there is no need for backward jumps so they were deliberately
not included. (This makes several of the compiler analyses easier too).

Compared to verification of Java verification of YHC should be quite
easy for the simple reason that YHC does not include support for unboxed
integers, so all variables on the stack must always be pointers to heap
nodes (or stack frames).

2) I plan to document my implementation of concurrency on the wiki soon.
Since it changes some of the docs. Since the effect of concurrency on
non-concurrent programs is fairly small support for concurrency will
become part of the standard build soon :-)

Cheers :-)

Tom