[Yhc] Yhc Core injection

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:05:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I know we have a -core output mode, what I was wondering is how easy
it would be to inject some kind of PosLambda like code into the
compiler, skipping the type checker and the desugarer?

The reason that I ask is that I am currently writing a pile of Haskell
manipulations, which make the Haskell code simpler, first order,
remove redundant stuff etc. The transformations are for another
purpose, but it might be interesting to see if they have an effect on
the optimisation potential of Yhc.

The reason Yhc is attractive for this is that the code is not type
safe after its been reduced and simplified - for Yhc I suspect this
won't be a problem? The code is "type safe" still, just not hinley
milner type safe (or any kind of non-dependant type safe).