[Yhc] Haskell Int{8,16,32...} types, config.h

Thomas Shackell shackell at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Aug 7 09:04:38 EDT 2006

> Yhc needs libffi support, and it's much better and cleaner to have it
> completely integrated with the core.

I wouldn't say it "needs" it, it would be possible to manage without it,
though it's certainly very nice to have it.

 > Libffi support has greatly improved
> over the past few weeks, and it will continue to get better. As it's
> required at the moment it's getting a lot of work and testing, if it
> wasn't then it would no doubt become neglegeted and not work on anywhere
> near as many platforms - a very bad thing IMHO.

There is definitely a certain logic to this and if you're happy to get
it working then that's great. I simply saying that I'm not absolutely
wedded to using it for the core if that turns out to be a problem. But
since you're saying "no problem" I'm happy to leave it as it is :-)

Thanks

Tom