[Yhc] Bytecode module interface

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 15 15:56:52 EDT 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 05:09 pm, you wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/yhc/2005-November/000004.html
>
> The code is from there. Its quite old and I know I have a newer
> version somewhere, but not necessilary sure I have a more complete
> version anywhere. It doesn't deal with all instructions, but the basic
> format is there. It has no output capability, but thats something
> thats definately needed in future.

Thanks for this Neil.  Can I assume this code is also under the GPL?
(BTW, I couldn't find any licensing materials in the YHC source repos; you'll
probably want to tighten that up).

> Ultimately my goal is to create a Yhc.Bytecode library which is used
> by both Yhc and anyone elses code. Unfortunately I've been rather
> pressed for time lately.

In that case I may see if I can move this code in that direction.  I have the
idea that it would be nice to automaticly derive interfaces and serialization
code from the xml structure found in the YHC source, and use Eternal
Compatibility in Theory to maintain compatibility across bytecode versions.

Rob Dockins