[xmonad] Fwd: [geekosaur/xmonad-contrib] Run failed: Packdeps - master (0e2d3c1)

Tony Zorman soliditsallgood at mailbox.org
Sun Sep 17 10:10:00 UTC 2023

On Sat, Sep 16 2023 19:12, Tomas Janousek wrote:

> [… 10 lines elided …]
>
> I think it's trying to tell us that our bounds exclude bytestring 0.12
> which is now available in Hackage. What we need to do is make sure
> xmonad builds and works with this version, and update the bounds.
>
> I'm not keeping up with the Haskell ecosystem these days so I don't know
> how to actually do that. Last time I checked, bytestring was a "boot"
> package shipped with GHC, so perhaps we'd need to test with GHC HEAD? Or
> can you ask cabal to just pull it and build it?

It is a boot library, but even GHC HEAD is only shipping with 0.11.4.0
currently[1], so I think it's fine to ignore this particular warning for
now. I also wish one could disable it somehow, though.

[1]: https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/wikis/commentary/libraries/version-history

--
Tony Zorman | https://tony-zorman.com/