[xmonad] Fwd: [geekosaur/xmonad-contrib] Run failed: Packdeps - master (0e2d3c1)

Tomas Janousek tomi at nomi.cz
Sat Sep 16 18:12:05 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 16, 2023 at 11:36:21AM -0400, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>Anyone know what this is about? I get it weekly, presumably because I
>forked the xmonad-contrib repo.
>[…]
>  Packdeps: Some jobs were not successful

Yeah, I keep getting it as well: https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/actions/runs/6204986546/job/16847665048

I think it's trying to tell us that our bounds exclude bytestring 0.12
which is now available in Hackage. What we need to do is make sure
xmonad builds and works with this version, and update the bounds.

I'm not keeping up with the Haskell ecosystem these days so I don't know
how to actually do that. Last time I checked, bytestring was a "boot"
package shipped with GHC, so perhaps we'd need to test with GHC HEAD? Or
can you ask cabal to just pull it and build it?

--
Tomáš "liskin" ("Pivník") Janoušek, https://lisk.in/