[xmonad] Broken Xmonad after updates

Jan Detke jandetke at outlook.com
Mon Oct 23 17:36:04 UTC 2023

Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> writes:

> As per the documentation of `startx`, if you do not use a full pathname it
> runs a default session and passes it your argument as a parameter. Also
> make sure `~/.xinitrc` is executable (`chmod +x ~/.xinitrc) and that its
> first line is `#! /bin/bash` or `#! /bin/sh`.

I found the issue. It had to with an unclosed if statement in my xinitrc which resulted in an unexpected EOF error. After fixing this everything works well. Permissions to execute the xinitrc were not necessary.

Thank you Brandon for supporting me. Really appreciate you taking your time and effort :)

Best regards
Jan