[xmonad] xmobar dynamic spacing

Eyal Erez oneself at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:06:41 UTC 2023

Spam detection software, running on the system "mail.haskell.org", has
@@CONTACT_ADDRESS@@ for details.

Content preview:  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, are there any
   recommended alternatives to xmobar? On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 7:40 PM Eyal
   Erez wrote: > Hi, > > I hope that this is the right place to ask. If not,
   please let me know. > > I use xmonad with xmobar and trayer. Trayer is set
   in the upper right > corner, and xmobar fills the remainder of the top of
   the screen. I have > several right-aligned widgets, including date/time,
  CPU, memory, network, > etc., and two left-aligned widgets, which are the
  active workspace name and > the name of the active window. Currently, I set
   the name of the active > window to "shorten 200" in my xmonad.hs file. However,
   I use several > monitors with varying screen sizes, so it is challenging
  to set an > absolute value. When the screen is narrow, and the window title
   is long, it > pushes some widgets out of the right side of xmobar. I would
   like the > window title to take up as much space as possible but leave the
   other > right-aligned widgets where they are. Is there any way to do that?
   > > Short window title > [image: image.png] > > Long window title > [image:
   image.png] > > -- > There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and
   those who don't. > > [...]

 pts rule name              description
 0.0 FREEMAIL_FROM          Sender email is commonly abused enduser mail provider
                            (oneself[at]gmail.com)
-0.0 SPF_PASS               SPF: sender matches SPF record
 1.4 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_28     BODY: HTML: images with 2400-2800 bytes of words
 1.0 HTML_FONT_FACE_BAD     BODY: HTML font face is not a word
 0.8 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
                            [score: 0.5000]
 0.0 T_DKIM_INVALID         DKIM-Signature header exists but is not valid
 1.9 FREEMAIL_REPLY         From and body contain different freemails

The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.