[xmonad] XM.A.UpdatePointer interferes with XM.A.TiledWindowDragging?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 12:30:07 UTC 2023

Dear All,

When I use XMonad.Actions.UpdatePointer, window dragging no longer works. If I do not use XM.A.UpdatePointer, window dragging works.

Details:

These are (what I think are) the relevant pieces from my xmonad.hs:

(...)
import XMonad.Actions.UpdatePointer
import XMonad.Actions.TiledWindowDragging
import XMonad.Layout.DraggingVisualizer

(...)

myConfig myWorkspaces = def {
(...)
 , logHook = refocusLastLogHook <+> logHook def >> updatePointer (0.5, 0.5) (0.1, 0.1)
}  `additionalKeysP` myKeys2
  `additionalMouseBindings`
  [((mod4Mask, 2), dragWindow)] --drag with mod + center button

With the above, window dragging no longer works. However, if I comment out ">> updatePointer (0.5, 0.5) (0.1, 0.1)"  window dragging works again.

Am I doing something wrong? I've searched, and have not seen this mentioned (TiledWindowDragging is mentioned in relation to UpdatePointer here: https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/issues/566#issuecomment-869240906, but it seemed a different issue)

I am using xmonad and xmonad-contrib, both from master branches, updated as of today (2023-03-24): latest commits are 386d4e and e60805b for xmonad and xmonad-contrib, respectively.

Best,

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Department of Biochemistry, Lab B-31