[xmonad] Compile error

Alain Bertrand alainbe at free.fr
Mon Nov 21 05:26:36 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I am on a Debian sid system.  when I installed it, xmonad packages were
not installable so I compiled it myself. At a time, it became available,
I installed the package. A few days ago, I noticed that xmonad would not
recompile anymore. I removed all the stuff I had compiled by myself, but
still, it doesn't compile.

-----------

xmonad --recompile
XMonad will use ghc to recompile, because neither
"/home/alain/.config/xmonad/build" nor
"/home/alain/.config/xmonad/stack.yaml" exis
ts.
XMonad recompiling (forced).
Errors detected while compiling xmonad config:
/home/alain/.config/xmonad/xmonad.hs
$ ghc --make xmonad.hs -i -ilib -fforce-recomp -main-is main -v0
-outputdir /home/alain/.cache/xmonad/build-x86_64-linux -o /home/ala
in/.cache/xmonad/xmonad-x86_64-linux
ghc: can't find a package database at
/home/alain/.cabal/store/ghc-9.0.2/package.db

Please check the file for errors.

---------

Thanks for your help.

Alain