[xmonad] xmonad packages broken in Debian

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Sun Jul 3 10:00:14 UTC 2022

Tomas writes:

>>When I tried to enquire in the distros forums (which is a Debian variant)
>>they indicated that the problem is upstream. Does anyone know what the
>>issue is? Which distro to folks use with xmonad?  Where is it best
>>supported?

> I wonder how exactly could an unmaintained Debian package failing to
> install on an unspecified Debian derivative be our fault… If anyone
> makes such claims, they better explain their reasoning.

Perhaps the people on the forum meant "Debian" by upstream, rather than
xmonad itself?

I use xmonad on Debian 11 bullseye (stable), Ubuntu 18.04 (bionic) and
Ubuntu 20.04 (focal) without dependency problems.

Maybe, Eyal, you could reveal what distribution you have problems on?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Shout up!"                                                Adam Sjøgren
                                                       asjo at koldfront.dk