[xmonad] Vote for the new XMonad logo!

Solid soliditsallgood at mailbox.org
Sat Jan 8 16:46:21 UTC 2022

Hi,

this is a quick reminder that people have one week left to vote for a
new XMonad logo!  Since there were some concerns regarding having to
have a GitHub account in order to participate, we'd like to offer an
alternative way of voting—simply reply to this thread.

Below are the summarised rules; for more information, as well as the
logos themselves, see the GitHub Discussions page[1]:

For voting, we will use an instant-runoff[2] type system.  In short:

  - Users rank _a minimum of five (5) submissions_ (by name) according
    to their preferences in decreasing order (you can vote for your own
    submission).
  - If a logo wins a majority of first-preference votes (> 50%) it is
    chosen.
  - If not, we eliminate the logo with the least amount of first
    preference votes, exposing the second preference of those who voted
    for it.
  - Rinse and repeat until we have a majority.
  - If at the end of all that we still don't have a majority, we will
    act as a tiebreaker and internally vote for a winner from the
    remaining logos.

We will retain veto power in case of inappropriate logos.  Team members
whose submitted entries are amongst the remaining choices will not
partake in the potential tiebreaking vote.

Cheers,
Tony

[1]: https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad/discussions/359
[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting