[xmonad] Is there a way to reparent a window manually?

Platon Pronko platon7pronko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 18:28:56 UTC 2021

Hi!

> I'm trying to reproduce your issues with my config, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Can you upload a sample I can try to work with?

I've attached the simplest config that still reproduces the problem (actually, the problem can be reproduced even with using `def` instead of `xfceConfig`, but then the system breaks in a vindictive ways). Also I'm attaching a screenshot that showcases the problem - see several "menus" being visible simultaneously.

> For what it's worth, I have the packages window open and, whether placed away from the window (via PlaceHook) or over it, I see no problems with menus in either window.

Maybe my problem is due to xmonad-xfce interactions? What DE are you running (if any)?

> (1) Your config does not have `ewmh` configured (this seems unlikely); or

Checked - I do have `ewmh` configured since I use `xfceConfig` (which builds upon `desktopConfig` which in turn applies `ewmh`).

> (2) you're having `_NET_WORKAREA` issues.

I'm not sure how to test this. Moreover, why _NET_WORKAREA should be related to sub-window repainting?

Best regards,
Platon Pronko