[xmonad] withWorkspace (Actions.DynamicWorkspaces): use fuzzyMatch?

Solid soliditsallgood at mailbox.org
Mon Dec 27 07:00:26 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 27 2021 00:50, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:
> I have changed the last line from
>    mkXPrompt (Wor "") c (mkCompl ts) job'
>    mkXPrompt (Wor "") c (mkComplFunFromList' c ts) job'
>
> Using this in my xmonad.hs seems to work fine with windows' shift,
> copy and shiftThenView (last one from Ivan Malison's
> https://github.com/ivanmalison/dotfiles/blob/0a84ad772e21155cfc00458b66ccb79899699689/dotfiles/config/xmonad/xmonad.hs#L788)

Indeed, I think this would be the right change.  The current `mkCompl`
is basically just what `mkComplFunFromList'` with the default
`searchPredicate` (which is `isPrefixOf`) does; it's definitely better
to let users choose their own predicate.  If you want, you can submit a
pull-request for this[1]!

  Tony

[1]: https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/compare