[xmonad] Is there a way to reparent a window manually?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 22:07:31 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 3:28 AM Platon Pronko <platon7pronko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It seems that this could be happening due to XMonad being non-reparenting
> (I ran the same app under XFCE, and it seems to work okay).

This would not surprise me; it looks like they use Mono on Linux/Mac, and
as yet there is no way to tell Mono that the window manager is
non-reparenting so canvas widgets get messed up (they can't find
themselves, since X11 uses window-relative addressing instead of
screen-relative like Windows/.NET).

> Any idea about what am I missing? Maybe my event masks are wrong?

You probably want all of the button-related events (see
https://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/events/mask.html) so they'll be passed on to
the child window.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh