[xmonad] Cycle recent non-empty workspaces (seeking PR review)

ivan ivan.brennan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 14:29:53 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have a pull request in xmonad-contrib that adds two new features
to XMonad.Actions.CycleRecentWS and I'm hoping to get it reviewed.

The first feature is the ability to cycle through non-empty workspaces, or
more generally, the ability to apply a user-provided predicate to the list
of workspaces included in the cycle.

The second feature is the ability to toggle back and forth between the
current and most recent workspace. It's essentially a special case of
cycling, but with simpler keyboard behavior -- repeated key presses toggle
back and forth regardless of whether a modifier key has been released or
not.

There's not a whole lot to it, but it was fun to put together.

The PR can be found at:
https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad-contrib/pull/331

Thanks!
Ivan