[xmonad] windows overlap the task bar

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun May 12 14:06:11 UTC 2019

If you're running a newer version, you need more than just avoidStruts and
manageDocks. The docks combinator in more recent versions has all the
necessary hooks.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/xmonad-contrib-0.15/docs/XMonad-Hooks-ManageDocks.html#v:docks

Note new docksStartupHook, and that docksEventHook is now required. (In
older versions only the xfce4 and KDE panels required it.) "docks" handles
this for you and is preferred.

brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b at gmail.com