[xmonad] Termite does not work as scratchpad

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 23:50:45 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 1:58 PM, <e.a.gebhart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure. Here's what I have.  I'm used both named scratchpad and
> scratchpad. I set myTerminal to urxvt which works fine.
> If I set it to Termite it acts very strangely.

xterm and urxvt have a -e option which takes a program to run.
termite / VTE-based terminals usually call this option -x, and -e means
something subtly different.

>     , ("n", scratchpadSpawnActionTerminal  "urxvt -background
> rgba:0000/0000/0200/c800") -- scratchpad

Uhhh... can we see namedScratchpadActionTerminal? Beuase if it's what I
think it is, it's your problem. You just wanted a normal scratchpad, or a
program running in a scratchpad terminal like the other ones you have
defined; but the definitions I've seen in the past for
namedScratchpadActionTerminal (generally taken from someone else's config;
it's not standard) will open a default terminal as the scatchpad, passing
to it with -e a command to run urxvt which will *not* be taken as a
scratchpad.